Projects in Allfred are the fundamental building blocks that structure and track your agency's work. In project detail you can effortlessly navigate through budgeted work and expenses, monitor the progress and status of individual tasks, track spent hours, and keep an eye on invoicing.
How to create a project?
- Go to Projects section (left bar)
- + New project
- Pick the Brand under which you want to create a new project. If the brand is not on the list you can easily create a new one directly in this step
- Enter the Project name
- Choose the Project type (Fig. 1):
- Fixed-price: can include monthly retainers, when clients pay fixed amount each month, or projects with define scope
- Time and materials: when the agency charges clients based on the actual time and expenses spent on the project
- Select the Team to which the project belongs. At the team level, you can easily plan internal capacities or monitor the financial results and profitability of individual projects. User access is restricted to their own team's data.
- In the Note section, you can add internal notes for your team, whether it's a note for finance managers, account managers, or anything else that needs to be kept in mind.
- Input the start and expected end dates of your project. This allows Allfred to accurately include the project in reports generated within a selected time range. Allfred will only include projects with start and end dates falling within that specific time range.
- If you are creating a project that will not be billed and you do not anticipate any revenue from it, mark it as "Pro Bono". This label is appropriate for internal projects (e.g. for tracking internal work or overhead), non-profit projects, or tenders.
- Set the Contact person on the client side. (This contact will be used for the project invoicing and will also be available to other project managers during handovers.) Setting the contact person is not required in this step.
- Set the Project Manager (the main PM who will be responsible for budgets, preparing invoicing documents, assigning expenses, monitoring project reports, and adjusting time tracking and tasks created by other team members)
- Set Other project managers (other PMs involved in the project with same permissions as main PM)
- Click on “Create project”
After creating the project, you will see the dates, contacts, project managers, and any notes you've added in the overview. If you notice any mistakes, you can easily fix them by using the Edit Details button (as shown in Fig. 2).
Even if your newly created project doesn't have data yet, Allfred offers complete freedom without any limits. You can start working on the project immediately, making tasks, monitoring time, and effectively organizing your team's capacities. Just utilize the pre-made "not-budgeted" item (as shown in Fig. 3), where you can create the tasks, track hours or plan capacities.
Allfred will let you know if a project doesn't have a budget assigned to it. Assigning a budget is really important because it helps keep track of hours, expenses, invoices, and costs. You can create a budget easily either in the Budgets section or by clicking on the warning button directly.
How to delete Not-budgeted budget item?
Once the budget is assigned, the "not-budgeted" item will be marked as "deleted" (as shown in Fig 4). If there are no hours tracked in this budget item, it will disappear right after assigning a budget to project.
If there are some hours tracked, you need to transfer tracked hours to another budget item within the project or to another project.
Transferring to another budget item:
1. click on the task with tracked hours listed under Not-budgeted budget item
2. click on Edit button
3. Choose another budget item from the project, where the task and hours should be trasferred
4. click on Save button and refresh Allfred.
5. Not budgeted budget item will disappear shortly
Transferring to another project
1. go to Reports section and insert project name to show the projects time report
2. group the data by Task
3. seleck the hours tracked in the Tasks under the Not budgete budget item
4. click on Action button
5. choose option Move selected tracked hours to another project
6. select Brand, Project, Budget item and Tasks and save
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article